Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Watching tamil channels on TV using PS3

The best site I've seen so far for watching tamil tv channels is this - http://www.tamilfms.com/2009/01/tv-zone.html

Reason? No annoying plugin requirements, no popups, works with non-IE browsers like Chrome and PS3 browser .. and finally, it actually works!

While it works fine on my computer, I was tempted to try it out on my Playstation 3 today. Cranked up the PS3 browser and pressed Start button to enter the address. Alternatively, you could press the green triangle, choose File > Address Entry. A couple of warnings about the certificate and plugin appeared, and I said Yes to everything. Once the page appeared, clicked on Comedy TV. And it worked! There was a tiny link right below the video to open it in full screen. That worked too, though I had to move around the cursor a bit to highlight the link.

Over wifi, there is a lot of stutter. But it was smooth when I tried it on my desktop which has a wired connection. Thinking if I should connect the PS3 through Ethernet cable, and get an 802.11n router and adapter for my desktop. But that would cost me a good $150 or more. Damn.




2 comments:

Ninaka2 said...

It says site is under construction?

Karthik said...

My post is many years old. Not sure if they took down the site, I haven't been tracking lately.